Monday, September 21, 2009

make time for what counts

I can't count the number of days I wish I'd done other things (like go to the gym, read a certain book, pray, sew a button on something that broke 3 weeks ago, play with the girls...you get the idea) and suddenly it's past bedtime and midnight is creeping up on me.

We need to prioritize, making time to do what's really important ASAP - before the day moves into fast forward and our busy lives overwhelm us, crowding out so many little things that just don't fit.

I have been telling myself if I really want time to read and write I'll get up early the next day. And if I want to lose weight and be healthy I really can, just get up EVEN earlier to do that, too. But that means I need to train my body to fall asleep at like...9 or 10pm!!

But once the girls are in bed I talk to my husband, might watch tv show or work on our bible study. Sometimes there's bills to pay or email to check.

I need one of those Svens I saw on tv. Maybe if he cooked dinner, cleaned up and made sure homework was done BEFORE I got home from work I could play with them instead of getting frustrated and rushing to get errands and chores done. Alas, I cannot afford a Sven and each blurry day blleds into weeks and years...I blinked and my toddler is now in 1st grade and my kindergartner is in 4th grade, heading on doublew digits next spring. OMG!!

I'm gonna work on setting priorities and goals and making a change, even if just one, toward a better life. No one else can do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment